Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Position Type: Full time
Location:CARMEL, IN, US
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Manager will be the financial business partner for the Research and Development organization (R&D) supporting the Leadership Team. This position will provide financial analysis and will partner with all the research functional teams (clinical, manufacturing, preclinical, regulatory) to perform R&D planning, financial forecasting, budget-to-actual variance reporting and financial modeling. Responsible for implementing best practices in R&D FP&A utilizing data driven analysis for financial planning, general business and financial analyses. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Partner with all areas of the R&D organization to prepare annual budget and long-range operating plan.
- Provide financial guidance and analysis to support clinical trials and development opportunities. This includes representing finance in cross functional reviews to recommend profitable use of resources, NPV/ROI analysis for clinical development/opportunities, and become imbedded within the R&D leadership team.
- Partner with Finance on various aspects of the monthly and quarterly close process, including managing CROs, expense accruals, management reporting, and budget vs. actual variance analysis.
- Prepare and present financial results to R&D, Finance, and Leadership Team.
- Partner with R&D to help manage the pre-clinical, clinical trial and manufacturing contract portfolios.
- Partner with the Contract Management team to help manage the contract portfolio.
- Collaborate with others in Finance to analyze and influence complex clinical/research contract proposals.
- Perform economic evaluations of projects and investments to improve operational performance, providing an economic framework for evaluating results; and creating financial models to support decision making.
- Monitor and develop insights from key clinical/research drivers.
- Challenge and develop current process and methodologies and push for improvement to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our financial reporting and analysis.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses and other project support to the MBX Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field is required.
- Minimum five (5) years of finance experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- FP&A experience with a biotech, Contract Research Organization (CRO) or pharmaceutical organization is required.
- Experience leading financial reporting, financial analysis, and budgeting processes.
- Experience in a high-growth, global organization a plus.
- In-depth proficiency in aspects of accounting and finance and knowledge of US GAAP is required.
- In depth knowledge of Business Intelligence, Planning and ERP systems is required.
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including demonstrated experience using Excel to build and maintain complex financial models as well as perform financial and data analysis.
"*" indicates required fields